These days, hiring SEO experts to outsource the SEO of your WooCommerce store is a challenge in itself, as many professionals are providing their services in the field. But, choosing an SEO company based on experience working with a range of WooCommerce sites would be insufficient. That is why we share the right questions you need to consider while evaluating any SEO services company for your WooCommerce store. We are also discussing its fundamentals, outcomes, and other significant aspects. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
What Is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an e-commerce plugin for WordPress websites. By transforming, one can easily sell products, manage inventory, process orders, and integrate payment with shipping methods. It is flexible, easy to use, and integrates with WordPress, making it a great choice for creating and managing online stores of any size.
Difference Between General SEO and WooCommerce SEO?
General SEO involves optimizing the overall website structure and content, while SEO for a WooCommerce store is tailored specifically for product, conversion, and shopping feed optimization. The objective remains the same for both, i.e., increasing organic traffic and higher ranking in search engine result webpages.
Outcomes of WooCommerce SEO?
SEO significantly impacts the success of a WooCommerce store. Its implementation can benefit the store and yield long-term, impressive outcomes. Let’s have a look:
1. Improved Organic Rankings
It boosts the store’s visibility on search engines. In addition, the valuable set of keywords, quality content, and other advanced SEO tricks make it easier to beat competitors in the same niche.
2. Increased Organic Traffic
It fulfills the main objective, i.e., attracting visitors. By increasing visibility in search engine result pages, one can inform customers about the products and create an opportunity to increase sales for their store.
3. Better Approach to Target Audience
For any WooCommerce store, the target audience is already determined. Through strategic SEO practices, one can use niche-specific keywords and promote products organically to potential customers.
4. Enhanced User Experience
Google prioritizes user experience for ranking a store. WooCommerce SEO optimizes all aspects to make the store easy to use, helpful, and engaging for shoppers by giving them a rich user experience.
5. Increased Sales and Revenue
Putting in efforts to drive traffic and user experience ensures customers know the store. They will purchase products if they know, and the store will get higher revenue and sales.
6. Brand Credibility
Being in the top results of Google instills trust among viewers. By increasing the visibility of any store on search engines by SEO, the brand credibility among the target audience is maintained.
7. High Conversion Rates
By enhancing the user experience, WooCommerce SEO increases the chances of converting visitors to customers, i.e., higher conversion rates.
8. Long-term Growth and Sustainability
It ensures long-term growth and sustainability of the store for an extended period, organically. Unlike other paid methods to rank a store, with WooCommerce SEO, one needs to invest small amounts, and the results are for a longer time.
What Things to Optimize to Make a WooCommerce Store Rank on Google?
When doing SEO for WooCommerce stores, focusing on certain areas and use some tactics to rank and make stores more competitive. Here are some steps:
- WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin, so the optimization begins with setting up the necessary basic SEO tools. Commonly used SEO plugins are Yoast SEO and Rank Math.
- Google picks a product only when the customer’s search term matches the keywords in its title. That is why the product titles used are relevant, unique, and SEO-friendly.
- The product’s meta description is brief and includes targeted keywords and CTAs. These are written by keeping in mind what customers are looking for.
- A shopper switches to images more quickly than texts. So, alt tags are added to all images on the store to get additional traffic from Google.
- Product tags and categories are added to make it convenient for customers to navigate the store.
- Product slug helps identify the page by making it an easy-to-read form. It helps customers to read about products at a glance and is generally added to the title.
- To define the clear path to the visitor, breadcrumbs are added. Moreover, these are the best for internal linking in stores.
- The speed of the store is ensured to be optimized for a good user experience.
- Schemas are enabled to improve the website’s performance and ranking on search engines. It makes it easier for Google to understand the content of stores.
- URLs are kept short so a user can effortlessly reach the store.
What to Optimize on Product, Category, and Other Pages of Your WooCommerce Store?
The main thing that convinces a customer in a store is its pages. If web pages are well-optimized and contain relevant product information, viewers are less likely to skip to the competitor’s page. So, updating and refining the product, category, and other pages in a store should be done regularly. Here is the list of areas one should consider optimizing.
1. Product Page Optimization
These pages need proper attention as these are the primary destination of customers. So, it requires optimization necessarily, as the customer learns about products and their pricing here only. Things to be optimized on product pages are:
- Product Title
- Product Description
- Images and Videos
- Pricing and Discounts
- Reviews and Ratings
- Call to Action (CTAs)
2. Category Page Optimization
These pages display products belonging to a specific category. Along with providing organization to the store, it eases customers’ tasks. They can browse and find products as per their interest simply. Things to optimize on category pages are:
- Category Structure
- Category Titles
- Category Descriptions
- Filter and Sorting options
3. Core Pages Optimization
Just like product and category pages, it is significant to optimize core pages. One can have the basic overview of a store through this page, it basically consists of the following:
- About Us page
- FAQs and Support pages
Essential Tools Required for Doing SEO of WooCommerce Store
There is a need for some specific tools for implementing the SEO of a WooCommerce store. These will help streamline the process and gain some useful insights.
- Keyword Research Tools: SEMrush, Moz, and Ahrefs to get relevant keywords.
- SEO plugins: Yoast SEO, All in one SEO, Rank Math, SEOpress, and The SEO Framework.
- Website Audit Tools: SEMrush, Moz Pro, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, and GTmetrix.
- Backlink Analysis Tools: Ahrefs, Moz Link Explorer, SEMrush, Majestic, and Google Search Console.
- Rank Tracking Tools: SEMrush, Ahrefs, MozPro, Google Search Console, and SERP.
- Image Optimization Tools: Smush, Shortpixel, Imagify, Optimole, and EWWW image optimizer.
- Social Media Analytics Tools: Google Analytics, Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Iconosquare, and Socialbakers.
How Long Does it Take to Get WooCommerce Site to Rank on Page 1 of Google?
There is no guarantee to achieve a specific ranking for a keyword within any specified period. But, if the right SEO strategy is implemented, one can expect progress in outcomes within the first four to eight months. However, for significant keywords, it may take six months to a year for a good ranking. So, the SEO effort in the right direction matters, and one can get a spot guarantee of the store in the Google results, regardless of time.
Can I do SEO by Myself, or do I Need a WooCommerce SEO Agency?
Certainly! But, the person needs to have some extensive knowledge and experience of SEO practices. If this condition is fulfilled and the person is ready to devote time to it, go ahead. However, there is always a better alternative, i.e., choose a WooCommerce SEO service provider agency. To make things more clear, read the next segment.
Why Do You Need a WooCommerce SEO Company?
The store is the face of products, and it is essential to give the responsibility of its promotion to someone who can do it well in front of customers and search engines. So, nobody other than experts in the field can do the task, and hiring them to optimize WooCommerce stores becomes significant. Here are some reasons that will sustain the significance of their role in improving the ranking and increasing store conversion rates.
- The SEO process is ever-evolving, and there is a need for some experts to complete the job as they keep pace with time and help in growing the store organically.
- The professionals rely on data analysis, and based on that, they use targeted WooCommerce strategies for stores.
- The experts are experienced and have ample time to handle the challenges of the SEO industry.
- Hiring them creates a scope for continuous efforts to improve a store.
So, anyone interested in taking SEO services needs to prepare their requirements list, and the rest will be the responsibility of experts. They will try their best to achieve the desired results by executing strategic approaches made after the store analysis.
What is Included in WooCommerce SEO Services?
SEO experts provide services that align with the client’s requirements. Depending on the niche of the store, a genuine SEO services provider company will offer the following assistance:
- SEO audit of the store
- SEO strategy brief
- Execution roadmap
- Content positioning
- Competition analysis
- Partnership options
How do WooCommerce SEO Experts Work?
SEO experts follow a systematic procedure to optimize WooCommerce stores. Depending on the niche, the steps are decided and implemented strategically. It goes like this:
- Analyze: The first step begins with the analysis. The WooCommerce SEO company set up its goals per the client’s requirements. Then, professionals do keyword research and competitor analysis, and an SEO strategy is created.
- Strategize: The strategy is entirely based on research. After analysis, SEO experts plan to implement the techniques required for the WooCommerce store.
- Execute: The next step is execution. Professionals do optimizations related to technical and on-page SEO. Content is created through guest posts and later promoted through link building.
- Measure: Ultimately, the effectiveness of steps is measured. Professionals create SEO performance and content marketing reports and submit them to clients. This way, transparency is maintained in the whole process.
What are the Options (Monthly Retainer, Hourly, Project wise) to Hire an WooCommerce SEO Agency?
While hiring an SEO agency, one can prefer subscription methods as per their convenience and the requirement of projects. Here are the options:
Some SEO agencies offer their services monthly. The client has to pay a fixed amount and get the optimization and support for their WooCommerce store for the whole month.
There is a provision to provide SEO services on an hourly basis. They will charge only for the hours they spend working for the WooCommerce store. Anyone wanting to hire an SEO agency for smaller projects can use an hourly subscription.
Some SEO agencies charge projects-wise or one-time optimizations. Store owners seeking assistance with website audits, keyword research, or content optimization can use this subscription.
How Can I Measure the Performance of My Store If I Hire any WooCommerce SEO Agency?
If experts work for your store, you just have to sit and enjoy the results. To measure performance improvement, here are the areas you can check:
- Organic Traffic
- Keyword Rankings
- Conversion Rates
- Revenue and ROI
- Bounce Rate and Time on Site
- Engagement Metrics
- Backlink Analysis
- Technical SEO Audit
- Reporting and Analytics
- Goal Tracking
How Much Does it Cost to Hire WooCommerce SEO Experts?
The cost of WooCommerce SEO services depends on many factors. Including the level of optimization required, the size of the store, etc. We are mentioning an approximate idea of the figure quoted for different types of subscriptions. A monthly subscription could cost around $3000- $7500 on average. Local SEO can cost $1000 approximately. Rest, it all depends on the competitiveness of the target keywords and other competitors in the field.
How to Know the Agency You are Hiring is the Right One for Doing SEO of WooCommerce Store?
You have read about WooCommerce SEO services and the procedure that they should follow. If the agency you hired follows all these things, is the agency fit for you? Well, the answer is partially yes. Other than the strategies mentioned above, here are some essential factors you should consider.
- Experience and Expertise
- Knowledge of WooCommerce
- SEO Strategies and Techniques
- Customized Approach
- Transparent Communication
- Reporting and Analytics
- Industry Knowledge
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Pricing and Deliverables
- Social media and Google reviews
Overall, check the services provided, how it implements the SEO, and the abovementioned factors before hiring. It will help you choose the right WooCommerce SEO Agency for your store.
How to Know Whether the SEO for WooCommerce Store is Going In The Right Direction or Not?
After investing money in the SEO of your store, it is understandable that you want to know if it is going in the right direction or not. But, it is hard to measure the SEO success of your store, as the results are not always direct and immediate. But, yes, one thing is possible. You can detect through the following ways whether SEO efforts are working.
- There is more organic traffic to the store.
- If web pages rank higher, SEO is working.
- Users spend more time in the store, with fewer bounce rates.
- The conversion rate is an indication of the proper SEO. If the conversion rate increases, things are heading in the right direction.
- If a store gets more referring domains without effort from your side, like backlinking, it implies SEO is going well.
If you are getting any of the results mentioned above, it is a sign that your efforts are paying off. So, keep doing SEO to get even better results.
To be visible to customers, you must focus on WooCommerce SEO. Moreover, hiring the right partners is equally important as is the optimization of the store. They know the right tactics and plugins to rank your store. Hence, you just need to put effort into finding the right WooCommerce SEO services agency. Rest is their work to implement the best practices.
Do I need to sign the contract when working with the company?
No, you must not sign any agreement with an SEO expert company. However, after two months, you can expect results regarding ranking and traffic. SEO is a time-taking process. So, you need to stay patient initially to enjoy long-term results later.
What reports will I get if I hire a WooCommerce SEO services provider?
If you hire an authentic and result-focused SEO agency, you will see the difference in their working style. Along with results in ranking and traffic, they will submit the following reports:
- Keyword Ranking Report
- Website audit report
- Traffic and analysis report
- Backlink analysis report
- UI Recommendations
What should be the team size that will work on my project?
There is no exact number of team members. However, if considering the minimum, the team should have
- Account Manager
- SEO executives
- Outreach Specialist
Will my niche have an impact before it starts showing results?
Yes, your niche can impact how quickly you start noticing the results from your SEO efforts. Factors that influence the timeline for SEO results are:
- Difficulty in keyword ranking
- Website authority